In the world of homemade bread, there’s something incredibly comforting about pulling a freshly baked loaf from your own oven. Today, I’m thrilled to share a recipe that not only fills your kitchen with the most delightful aroma but also packs a nutritious punch. Imagine a bread so full of seeds and nuts that every bite crunches with health benefits. This seed-studded jar bread is not just a treat for your taste buds but a feast for your body, too.
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 100 grams of sunflower seeds
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams of sesame seeds
- 30 grams of walnuts, lightly chopped
- 30 grams of hazelnuts
- 60 grams of flaxseed
- 20 grams of chia seeds
- 20 grams of psyllium husk
- 200 grams of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can (380g) of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 170ml water
- 30ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
Let’s Bake a Loaf:
- Mix the Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine all the seeds, nuts, oats, and salt. Give it a good mix to ensure everything is evenly distributed.
- Blend the Beans: Using a blender, puree the white beans with water and vegetable oil until smooth. This mixture will add moisture and bind the ingredients together, giving your bread a lovely texture.
- Combine and Prepare: Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. The batter will be thick but manageable.
- Ready Your Jars: Grease the insides of wide-neck jars with a little oil. This will make it easier to remove the bread once baked. Spoon the batter into the jars, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake to Perfection: Let the filled jars sit for about 20 minutes before placing them in a preheated oven at 200°C. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy Your Creation: Once baked, let the bread cool before trying to remove it from the jars. A wide neck is crucial for easy removal, but if your bread proves stubborn, gently run a knife around the edges to coax it out.
A Recipe Worth Sharing
This seed-studded jar bread is more than just a baking project; it’s a journey into making food that’s good for you and tastes amazing. Each ingredient has been chosen for its health benefits, from the heart-healthy fats in the nuts to the fiber in the seeds and oats. Whether you’re enjoying a slice toasted with a smear of avocado or as a crunchy companion to your soup, this bread is sure to impress.
Thank you for joining me in this baking adventure. Remember, the joy of cooking comes not just from the delicious results but from the love and care you put into each step. Enjoy your wholesome creation, and happy baking!